The main objectives of RETBE'14 are:
- To address environmentally sound water resources issues, and waste management.
- To promote create ideas in urban planning; buildings and construction; and land use management to explore needs for smart cities.
- To discuss the environmental impact of global warming and climate changes especially sea level rise.
- To initiate environmental policies considering the needs of introducing nuclear and renewable energy sources
- Sustainble Infrastructure in Egypt, and needs for research and future collaboration between Egypt & USA will explored by the University of Alabama at Birmingham